Monday 8 August 2011

Mentoring

Mentoring is an essential part of learning a new job. It is easier to find your feet quickly if you have other staff members who are prepared to answer questions and provide that essential requirement "help" whenever you need it. I have had official mentors, my university ran a mentoring scheme to help while you studied, providing you with a line into the world of work.

The mentors that have been my most important have been those that I have chosen. They have been prepared to support through difficult times and through fun times. Some of them have provided far more than is expected of a mentor. I have been extremely fortunate.

I have also had opportunities to mentor other people who have asked or have taken on positions that I had already acquired skills in. This includes my own children, I am mentoring them through the process of growing up, learning how to complete school and prepare for the next big adventure. I hope to share lots more time with all of my mentors and mentees.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Anna for the different perspectives you gave me on mentoring here.

    ReplyDelete