Tuesday 2 August 2011

Catch up! Time found!

Well, despite all my good intentions it has taken a week to get back to this blog. I have, however, kept up with the reading required for the 23 things for Professional Development course.

Discussion about online networks has been interesting. I have always been very aware of a public and private "branding" issue when looking at these. My Facebook profile is tied down very closely, limiting access to only family and friends. This is my private zone.

I have a LinkedIn account and have also joined the LISNPN. The second was as a result of the readings. My LinkedIn account is my public face. It provides basic information on me and extended information on my skills and work.

I have been trying to keep my teenagers aware of the privacy issues with Facebook but that is a whole other story.

I am a member of ALIA, the Australian version of CILIP. It provides me with the opportunity to network with others in both online and real forums. Whilst I would like to attend more of the programs that are offered it is difficult to balance work and life.

At this stage, I do not require services like Google calendar. my iPhone, Macbook and work email application all provide me with digital calendars. Already I have too many.

Evernote looks interesting, I just need time to test it out. I could see this as extremely useful for studying or researching, something that I don't intend to do for a while, but then it may be another way to keep on top of my CPD. This I will attempt to find time for this week, if I feel that it is useful in other ways, I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment